The Ridge has offered a Ski School for over 50 years. The special 5 week program for ages 4 and up and all skill levels starts the 2nd weekend in January. Our classes and instructors follow the PSIA and AASI ideals, insuring professionalism in all aspects of the school.
Registration forms are available for download here
Or you can pick them up at North By Northwest 902 S. Lincoln St. in Port Angeles
Toddler Ski lessons (4,5 years old) (1 hour class) $125
6 years and above, Ski or Snowboard (1.5 hour class) $150
- Lesson prices do not include lifts, equipment or transportation.
- Small classes, quality lessons, great fun!
- Snowboard or downhill ski lessons available.
- Call the Olympic National Park hotline at 360-565-3131 for road conditions, weather, and closures.
- We recommend that children wear helmets.
- Allow ample time if renting equipment at the Ridge. (skis, boots only, no snowboards)
- Be prepared for changes in the weather with extra clothes, gloves, eye protection & sunscreen.
- Bring a snack and drink, or the lodge offers a restaurant on the lower level.
- Remember to stay in control, follow the rules, but most of all, have fun!
- Instruction is for 5 consecutive weekends, with one make-up weekend scheduled at the end only if there is a road closure by the park.
- Private lessons are available, $35 per hour . Call or email Director by Friday to set up lessons ahead of time, or check at ticket trailer. Subject to instructor availability. Call Michael 360 670 6166 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
The fine print: Refunds: There will be no refund if a student misses a class or chooses to discontinue lessons, the only exception is for injury with a doctor’s note. Pro-rated refunds will be made only for students who wish to discontinue lessons prior to 2nd scheduled weekend of lessons. Cancellations: Ski and Snowboard school will only be cancelled in the event the road is not opened by the National Park due to inclement weather, visibility or road conditions.